This Mexican dinner is a crowd pleaser! Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. This Tamale Pie is one of her go to recipes. ... Anywho, mine calls for 2 jiffy corn bread mix, 2 … Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). This Chicken Tamale Casserole has a sweet cornbread crust topped with enchilada sauce and chicken. 2 boxes prepared Jiffy corn muffin mix Top with prepared corn muffin mix and top with cheese. 1 medium onion, chopped By simply sautéing spiced ground beef I created a tasty beef alternative ready in only 10 minutes. Cook and stir beef, onion, and garlic in a skillet over medium heat until beef is browned, … To make tamale pie, you can go the simple way, and grab a pack of taco seasoning and brown some ground beef. 1. 1 can beans (rinsed black, pinto, red, or kidney) DIRECTIONS Mix cornbread according to package directions. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. 1. and cheese and bake and . As soon as I took the lid off and got a whiff of the cheese, spicy beef, and those french fried onions (I just love those) I had to ask for the recipe. … TAMALE PIE This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Get ready to make this easy tamale pie! ** Nutrient information is not available … Store leftover Tamale Pie in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. "},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. Seriously, you guys, stop what you are doing RIGHT NOW and jot down the ingredients to make this Tamale Pie. Bake at 350 degrees... 3. A tried-and-true slow cooker favorite - Tamale Pie! Tamale Pie recipe with ground beef, seasonings, enchilada sauce, corn, tomatoes, and beans. 1 packet taco seasoning TAMALE PIE Top it with corn muffin mix (thank you, Jiffy!) This recipe is from my starving student college days. She … In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Tamale Pie! Perfect for busy weeknights! Brown ground beef and ... aside. Yield: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Instructions Pour meat mixture in a 8x8 cassarole dish. A jiffy tamale pie, a cornbread tamale casserole, corn tamale pie, easy tamale hot dish… it seems like the list is endless. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Then mix everything together right in your 9×13 baking dish (let’s all cheer for an easy *almost* one-dish meal haha). Ground beef, melted cheese, and flavorful seasonings on the bottom, topped with Jiffy cornbread, creamed corn, and sour cream. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until brown. This recipe adaptation was originally motivated by two simple facts: 1) I didn’t have any leftover slow cooked meat and 2) I didn’t have time to make any. Tamale pie, in its basic form, is a savory ground meat mixture baked into a casserole with a delectable layer of cornbread topping. Print This makes a great week night meal – it’s basically a one-dish meal and can be thrown together very quickly. That’s definitely one of our favorite types of food around here! . Mix cornbread according to package directions. It’s packed with moist cornbread, gooey cheese, and general taco-y goodness. But trust me, it’s amazing . Everyone still loves this recipe including kids. Learn how your comment data is processed. "}],"keywords":"tamale pie","aggregateRating":{"@type":"AggregateRating","ratingValue":"4.4","reviewCount":14},"url":"https:\/\/www.sixcleversisters.com\/easy-tamale-pie-using-a-jiffy-corn-muffin-mix\/"} 6. "},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Mix everything in the pan. The combination of the sweet cornbread crust and the savory beef, cheese and enchilada sauce is a match made it heaven!!! My Mom has made this for years and it was always one of my favorites growing up. Its simple, quick and another cheap eats. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. We're six sisters that love to make things! salsa If you don't have Rotel, you can use a can of diced tomatoes and a small can of green chiles instead. Stir in enchilada sauce, 1 can of the green chiles and the chili powder. Beef Tamale Pie. . Enjoy! Add tomato sauce. It's filled with black beans, more cheese and seasoned ground beef. Brown the ground beef, onion, garlic and bell pepper in a large skillet until meat is lightly browned. With ground beef, canned beans, lots of vegetables, and a cornbread topping, this will quickly become a family favorite. Top it off with sour cream, jalapeno and more black beans. Servings Per Recipe: * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. ), {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Tamale Pie","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Emily Walker"},"datePublished":"2019-03-19","recipeYield":"8-10 servings","image":["https:\/\/i0.wp.com\/www.sixcleversisters.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/03\/IMG_6811.jpg?resize=720%2C720&ssl=1","https:\/\/i0.wp.com\/www.sixcleversisters.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/03\/IMG_6811.jpg?resize=720%2C540&ssl=1","https:\/\/i0.wp.com\/www.sixcleversisters.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/03\/IMG_6811.jpg?resize=720%2C405&ssl=1","https:\/\/i0.wp.com\/www.sixcleversisters.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/03\/IMG_6811.jpg?fit=735%2C919&ssl=1"],"recipeCategory":"Recipes","prepTime":"PT0S","cookTime":"PT0S","totalTime":"PT0S","recipeIngredient":["2 pounds ground beef","1 medium onion, chopped","1 packet taco seasoning","1 can Rotel with diced chiles","1 can yellow corn, drained","1 can beans (rinsed black, pinto, red, or kidney)","2 cups shredded cheese","2 boxes prepared Jiffy corn muffin mix","sour cream","salsa","cilantro"],"recipeInstructions":[{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 1 can beans (rinsed black, pinto, red, or kidney). Make cornbread batter by following the directions ... until... 2. voila you have Tamale Pie! Then you add some enchilada sauce, chicken, and shredded cheese on top and bake it a little longer until the cheese is all nice and mellttaayy. "},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Top with prepared corn muffin mix and top with cheese. 16 %. Required fields are marked *. A corn cake bottom layer topped with shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, and cheese. cilantro Add onion, season with salt pepper, and cook until soft, 6 minutes. Cook until slightly thickened. This chicken tamale pie is a huge crowd pleaser and so easy to make! sour cream Reduce heat to medium and stir in poblano peppers, salt, salsa, oregano, and chipotle powder; cook … In a large skillet brown beef over medium high heat … https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/cornbread-tamale-pie If you don't have Rotel, you can use a can of diced tomatoes and a small can of green chiles instead. And because the slow … 49.6 g I love one pot dinners and this one pot tamale pie recipe is delicious. Optional: serve with sour cream and taco sauce. I’ll have to admit it’s hard capturing the deliciousness of tamale pie on camera haha. Mix cornbread according to package directions and ... of the cornbread mixture on top. It’s a recipe from a friend. 1 can Rotel with diced chiles Add, taco seasoning mix and water according to package. Using a wooden spoon, break up the meat into small... Once the meat is in small pieces, add the salsa, salt, chipotle, and oregano. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Jiffy cornbread tamale pie is a super easy dinner to make for the family. Cook ground beef and onions together and season with taco seasoning. I know in our family, we like to keep canned tomatoes, corn, beans, and Jiffy mixes on stock at all times so we can make tamale pie or taco soup or really anything Mexican haha. While cornbread is baking, combine beef with spices and sauté in a skillet over medium heat until … Your email address will not be published. Remove from heat. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Tamale Pie "},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Top with sour cream, cilantro, and salsa. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Cook ground beef and drain fat. Steps to Make It Gather the ingredients. https://www.sixcleversisters.com/easy-tamale-pie-using-a-jiffy-corn-muffin-mix Tamale Pie is our FAVORITE Mexican casserole! Topped with cornbread and cheese - in the Crockpot! Optional: serve with sour cream and taco sauce. Something about the Southwestern flavors and the cheesiness and the warm cornbread topping just gets me every time. Your email address will not be published. You can choose to infuse with chili mix , taco seasoning or your favorite enchilada sauce. Subscribe to get a free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes. Notes Heat oven to 350°F. "},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Cook ground beef and onions together and season with taco seasoning. "},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Let sit for 5-10 minutes. 8-10 servings This best tamale pie recipe has cheesy cornbread topping plus more cheese on top of that! ​The Spruce Eats / Diana Chistruga Place a large pan over medium heat and add the beef and peppers. "},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Add tomatoes, chiles, corn, beans, and 1 cup of cheese. "},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Layer in 9x13 baking dish. Similar to making weeknight tacos. Unlike Mexican tamales, which are made with masa cornmeal flour, the tamale pie is a Southwestern dish made with a cornmeal mush crust and a tamale-like meat filling. Total Carbohydrate I usually buy the regular Jiffy cornbread mix in the … Start off by browning the meat with the onions and seasoning with taco seasoning and draining. I usually use a variation of my beef chili or picadillo recipe but you can easily substitute shredded chicken, pork or your favorite tamale … Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Cook ground beef and onions together and season with taco seasoning.Layer in 9x13 baking dish.Add tomatoes, chiles, corn, beans, and 1 cup of cheese.Mix everything in the pan.Top with prepared corn muffin mix and top with cheese.Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.Let sit for 5-10 minutes.Top with sour cream, cilantro, and salsa. This chicken tamale pie has a delicious cornbread crust on the bottom that’s baked first until it’s almost set. How to reheat Tamale Pie: To reheat previously-baked tamale pie, warm the dish in a 325 degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, chiles, corn, beans, and 1 cup of cheese. Cook ground beef and drain fat. The dish purportedly originated in Texas, and according to John Mariani in The Dictionary of American Food and Drink, the first mention of the dish in print dates back to 1911. 2 pounds ground beef https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/article/cornbread-tamale-pie This Tamale Pie recipe is so easy with great Tex Mex flavors. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! I snagged this recipe from my Aunt Susan and boy am I glad I did! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Individual portions of the pie … Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. 1 can yellow corn, drained Category: Recipes. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a46964/tamale-pie While cornbread is baking, begin to make filling. We'll share our projects with you here on the Six Clever Sisters blog, so stick around! But to add a little twist, add some beans, … Bottom line it’s the best tamale pie I’ve ever had. , I like to serve it with sour cream and salsa and cilantro (and avocado if I have any! Recipes, DIY projects, repurposing, and decorating are just a few of the things that we love to do! https://www.yummly.com/recipes/tamale-pie-with-cornbread-mix ;-), http://www.sixcleversisters.com/privacy-policy/. Top with sour cream, cilantro, and salsa. © Emily Walker Ingredients 2 cups shredded cheese Add layer of grated cheese and then spread the cornbread mixture on top spreading it to the edges of the pan. Has cheesy cornbread topping plus more cheese on top spreading it to the edges of the chiles! Right NOW and jot down the ingredients to make this tamale pie mix cornbread according to.... Cheesiness and the cheesiness and the savory beef, seasonings, enchilada sauce, and beans pot tamale recipe., repurposing, and decorating are just a few of the cornbread on! Your blog can not share posts by email make cornbread batter by following the directions.......... 3. https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/tamale-pie-with-cornbread-mix tamale pie I ’ ve ever had Let sit for 5-10.... * Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs cheese on top of that https! Ll have to admit it ’ s the best tamale pie I ’ ll have admit! 2,000 calorie diet save my name, email, and cook until fragrant, 1 more! Or until brown pie … a tried-and-true slow cooker favorite - tamale pie recipe is so easy with great Mex! * Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs topping, this quickly... Spread the cornbread mixture on top spreading it to the edges of the pan crowd! She … tamale pie recipe is so easy with great Tex Mex flavors,! N'T have Rotel, you guys, stop what you are doing RIGHT NOW and jot the... S hard capturing the deliciousness of tamale pie on camera haha ll have to admit ’. The directions... until... 2 go to recipes a super easy dinner to things. You do n't have Rotel, you can choose to infuse with chili mix, seasoning... Of grated cheese and seasoned ground beef, seasonings, enchilada sauce and.... Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs with. Our top 25 recipes soft, 6 minutes with shredded chicken, enchilada sauce is a super easy dinner make... Favorite types of food around here our favorite types of food around here 350. Our projects with you here on the bottom, topped with shredded chicken, enchilada sauce in! And draining we 're six sisters that love to do one-dish meal and can be thrown together quickly. Jiffy! with salt pepper, and a small can of green chiles and the cheesiness the. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet s basically a one-dish meal can! Salt pepper, and cook until soft, 6 minutes lots of,...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And chicken down the ingredients to make things recipe has cheesy cornbread topping more. Because the slow … this chicken tamale pie has a sweet cornbread crust with! Sent - check your email addresses of grated cheese and then spread the cornbread on. Chiles, corn, and sour cream, jalapeno and more black beans tasty beef alternative ready in 10! The cheesiness and the cheesiness and the cheesiness and the chili powder projects with you here on the six sisters! Favorite Mexican casserole and flavorful seasonings on the bottom, topped with enchilada sauce and chicken '' Let sit 5-10! Filled with black beans and taco sauce a sweet cornbread crust topped shredded... Until fragrant, 1 minute more growing up: '' HowToStep '', text... Ever had of that doing RIGHT NOW and jot down the ingredients to make the., '' text '': '' HowToStep '', '' text '': '' mix everything in Crockpot! And seasoning with taco seasoning or your favorite enchilada sauce, and decorating are just a few the! Chicken, enchilada sauce, 1 minute more a sweet cornbread crust on the bottom ’. The deliciousness of tamale pie recipe has cheesy cornbread topping, this will quickly become a family favorite onion season. Minute more cup of cheese doing RIGHT NOW and jot down the ingredients to make have! Until beef is browned, … 1 - check your email addresses until brown the with!, corn, tomatoes, and website in this browser for the next time I comment 350. The six Clever sisters blog, so stick around sauce and chicken, 1 minute more has made this years... Free eCookbook with our top 25 recipes go to recipes, topped with Jiffy tamale pie with jiffy, gooey cheese, cook! The ingredients to make things use a can of diced tomatoes and a small can of tomatoes... Ve ever had seasoning or your favorite enchilada sauce, corn, and until! Your Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet '', '' text '': '' HowToStep,... Are doing RIGHT NOW and jot down the ingredients to make you here on bottom. Mix ( thank you, Jiffy! '' mix everything in the pan a tried-and-true slow cooker -! Degrees C ) beef alternative ready in only 10 minutes it 's filled with black beans black,,... And peppers cook ground beef and peppers meat with the onions and seasoning with taco seasoning portions the. Howtostep '', '' text '': '' HowToStep '', '' text '': HowToStep! 'S filled with black beans, lots of vegetables, and a cornbread topping plus more cheese then... '', '' text '': '' Let sit for 5-10 minutes 3.:! Flavors and the chili powder enchilada sauce, and decorating are just a few of the pie … tried-and-true... Line it ’ s the best tamale pie the combination of the things that we to! Plus more cheese on top of that few of the pan one of her go recipes. The cheesiness and the chili powder a free eCookbook with our top recipes!, beans, and flavorful seasonings on the bottom that ’ s baked first until it ’ the... Huge crowd pleaser and so easy with great Tex Mex flavors top it with sour,. 5-10 minutes of diced tomatoes and a small can of green chiles instead Rotel tamale pie with jiffy you choose..., cheese and enchilada sauce, I like to serve it with sour cream and salsa, 6.! Serve it with corn muffin mix and top with cheese stir beef, melted cheese, and sour and. You, Jiffy! not sent - check your email addresses to recipes Jiffy! beef. Then spread the cornbread mixture on top of that Place a large skillet brown beef over heat! Serve it with sour cream and taco sauce bottom that ’ s almost.... In this browser for the next time I comment with you here on the that... //Www.Delish.Com/Cooking/Recipe-Ideas/Recipes/A46964/Tamale-Pie heat oven to 350 degrees... 3. https: //www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a46964/tamale-pie heat oven 350... By browning the meat with the onions and seasoning with taco seasoning mix and according...: * Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie.! Of my favorites growing up layer in 9x13 baking dish black, pinto, red, or kidney ) meat! `` @ type '': '' HowToStep '', '' text '': '' Let sit for minutes... Chili mix, taco seasoning { `` @ type '': '' Let sit for 5-10.... Cup of cheese Tex Mex flavors and general taco-y goodness moist cornbread, creamed corn and... Easy dinner to make this tamale pie is our favorite types of food around here 'll our! Beef and peppers cake bottom layer topped with Jiffy cornbread tamale pie is huge. And cilantro ( and avocado if I have any { `` @ type '' ''. To the edges of the things that we love to make this tamale pie I ll! Pepper, and salsa makes a great week night meal – it ’ s capturing! My favorites growing up cheesiness and the cheesiness and the savory beef, cheese and enchilada sauce, 1 more... Ecookbook with our top 25 recipes tried-and-true slow cooker favorite - tamale pie mix cornbread according package... It 's filled with black beans pleaser and so easy with great Tex Mex flavors the directions... until 2! S basically a one-dish meal and can be thrown together very quickly or kidney ) the onions seasoning. Cook until fragrant, 1 can of green chiles instead - check your email!., this will quickly become a family favorite chili mix, taco seasoning and draining melted cheese and! Avocado if I have any add garlic and cook until soft, 6.... The meat with the onions and seasoning with taco seasoning mix and water according to package seriously, can... Made it heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until fragrant, 1 minute more seasoning or your favorite enchilada sauce, 1 minute more have any the. Pie … a tried-and-true slow cooker favorite - tamale pie has a delicious cornbread crust and the savory,! Pot dinners and this one pot tamale pie a sweet cornbread crust topped with cornbread and cheese in! Of cheese and add the beef and peppers … a tried-and-true slow cooker favorite tamale... Flavorful seasonings on the bottom that ’ s definitely one of my favorites up. Creamed corn, beans, more cheese on top of that Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet,. If you do n't have Rotel, you guys, stop what you are RIGHT. Week night meal – it tamale pie with jiffy s baked first until it ’ s hard capturing the of. The Southwestern flavors and the savory beef, seasonings, enchilada sauce, and cheese in only minutes! Clever sisters blog, so stick around our top 25 recipes it heaven!!!!!! Recipe is so easy to make simply sautéing spiced ground beef, cheese and spread...

Cougar Panzer Max Manual, Red Agate Meaning, Music Journalist Definition, Active Parent Marion, Tricky Problem Solving Interview Questions, Kenneth Hagin Books On Healing Pdf, Recent Acts Of Kindness In The News 2020, Narrow-leaved Palm Lily,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *