Later...I do not recommend freezing this soup, as the stock and the milk seemed to separate and, although it tasted fine, it did not look as nice. Read more about our affiliate linking policy, 3 tablespoons butter, divided into 2 Tbsp and 1 Tbsp, 1 1/2 cups sliced leeks, white and light green parts only, 1 large bunch or 2 small bunches celery (5 cups chopped for the soup, 1 1/2 cups diced for the topping), 1/2 teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, to taste, Fresh chopped chives or parsley for garnish. Cover and cook until very tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. It was easy to make and full of healthy ingredients. 1 Sauté onions, leeks, 5 cups chopped celery: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a thick-bottomed 4 to 5 quart pot on medium heat. A recipe like this would only be safe for pressure canning, NOT water bath canning. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Also, I am happy to find a celery soup that does not use potatoes. I haven't used the recipe yet, but will today. As for thickening it up after it’s already made, I can think of two things. Sometimes cream freezes a little funny, but there’s not a ton in this soup. One pot cooking for me! Sauté onions, leeks, 5 cups chopped celery: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a thick-bottomed 4 to 5 quart pot on medium heat. Cream of celery soup Ingredients. Hubby is eating it now and is more than pleased. How can I do that since I already added the half and half and everything is all cooked? Hi Dawn, I’m so glad you like the taste of the soup! Since creamy soups often separate in the freezer, I changed the process to eliminate this problem. Add the celery, carrots and onion to the … I added some cooked zucchini and yellow squash before I pureed it. Add the celery, celery root and 1 teaspoon salt. First time commenting? Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, and milk; add to the pot along with the margarine. Add the stock and salt to the pot. How to Make Low-Carb Cream of Celery Soup Full recipe for this keto soup is at the end of this post. Read more about our affiliate linking policy. Elise launched Simply Recipes in 2003 as a way to keep track of her family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. It was like eating a really tasty stew.I hope I didn’t ruin your recipe. Homemade cream of celery soup with celery, onion, leeks, garlic, stock and a little cream. Easy and delicious! Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. Add the chicken stock and simmer for 10-12 minutes. If you’d like a milder flavor, skip it. Directions. ½ pound = 1 oz You could make a slurry of flour and water (maybe 2 tablespoons of flour?) Also added in a little extra sage and a dash of nutmeg -- very good, but you have to love celery to like it. Yummy for my tummy!! And I’m not sure how the cream would hold up to the extended heat of pressure canning–it might curdle. Make a bulk batch and freeze the soup in 2-cup portions. Next time I make it, I will leave it plain. In this case I like a smoother soup so I followed the recipe and strained out the onion and celery however I put the soup back into the pot and added carrots for color and continued cooking until the carrots were tender. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. A fabulous and easy cream soup that even people who don't like celery will love! apples, calvados, kosher salt, apple juice, kosher salt, heavy cream and 14 more. Love the grilled cheese on the side, I bet that was fabulous. I don't want 32 servings so 8 servings modified would have this math. Cooks who liked my homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soupwant more. 4 Purée soup: Remove the soup pot from heat, let cool slightly. This week’s pick? Chunky Celery Soup from Heidi Swanson of 101 Cookbooks. Have these ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME DAY! Melt the butter in a Dutch oven or heavy stock pot over medium-high heat and cook the onions, celery and garlic until soft and translucent, 5-7 minutes. Taste for salt and add salt. To make indian style celery soup, heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Recipe is amazing and fulfilling too! Hope that helps! Perfect! Pull up a chair! Taste for salt and add more if needed. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Divided by 4 for 8 servings Add diced onions and celery, and cook for 10 minutes. Cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. This soup is great without the additions and makes a nice accompaniment for other entrees or salads. Set aside. 1 Tbs = 1/3 Tsp Celery soup, with a supporting cast of some onion, leeks, and a little cream, is utterly delicious, and the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day. Add the flour and cook for another … Taste the raw celery you plan to use in this soup. Used original poster's updated suggestion to puree the vegetables and add them back to the soup. Followed recipe but added some extra veggies, tons of garlic and stuck my hand held mixture right in the pot to puree all the veggies. Is there an advantage to doing that? Add the diced onion, the leeks, and 5 cups of the chopped celery. 5 Stir in the cream and the braised diced celery. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Cook celery, onion and garlic, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add the celery, carrots and onion to the pot. Since I limit salt, I skipped it and opted for a half slice of diced, uncured Canadian bacon, Mexican cheese blend, and homemade croutons. Thanks so much! They have requested recipes for other varieties of condensed cream soups. 3 quarts = 1.5 cups (approx 1 can stock) Recipe - Cream of Celery Soup Serves 4 Ingredients 1 head of organic celery, sliced 1 large onion, finely chopped 1 clove of garlic, chopped Small bunch of flat leaved parsley, roughly chopped 1 litre of vegetable stock 100ml single cream (plus a little extra for serving if desired) A good pinch of nutmeg and some black pepper to season Ladle 1/2 cup of the simmering stock from the soup pot into the sauté pan. What a varied and interesting soup you made with the celery soup base, I love it! (I discard about 1/2 of the celery beacuse the taste is too strong for my liking.) Working in batches, puree soup until smooth. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes or until celery softens. A classic cream of celery soup. This recipe for Homemade Cream of Celery Soup is perfect for cooking. Once cooled, I froze soup in 2 cup portions. The perfect quick & easy recipe for all of your casseroles! Add the vegetable broth, salt, thyme, and pepper. Or enjoy it alone as a light lunch with a fresh … 3 pound = 6 oz Its good. Yummy!!! Thank you! If you give it a try, let us know how it goes! The kids gave it 2 thumbs up. I have some left in the freezer, not sure if it'll hold, but we'll see. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I then added it to the pot along with the stock and cooked the veggies until tender (leave out the milk, flour, butter at this step). … Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. I thickened differently too by sauteeing the celery in evoo for a bit and then added the flour to make a roux. ; Add the celery and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the celery is tender, about 7 minutes. Or you could cook some potatoes, mash them up and stir them in. You set is aside to garnish the pureed soup. Let simmer until it begins to thicken, then slowly add an equal portion of milk (2 cups) while stirring. In a sauce pan, heat the butter over a low-to-medium heat. This soup turned out beautifully. Don't seive the veggies, that's the best part for the flavor. Like cabbage, celery is an oft neglected vegetable, prized for its place in a mirepoix, but rarely the star of the show. I’m about to make this but am confused with the chopped celery and diced celery? I paired it with Grilled Cheese. To make the recipe quicker, I pulsed the celery and onion (carrots, also, though I left them out as I didn't have any at the time) in batches in my food processor until it was a fine chop. I also added Serrano pepper without seeds to spice up the flavor. Increase heat to bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover to maintain a simmer. Celery leaves are like herbs with a concentrated celery flavor (I like adding fresh celery leaves to salads). Add the celery, potatoes, and stock to the pot and bring it to a boil. Your comment may need to be approved before it will appear on the site. And the 1-1/2 cups diced celery is braised in Step 3. Other than that the only thing I did differently was to use butter instead of margrine, which we never use. (If you are using unsalted butter and unsalted stock, you will need to add more salt than you expect, if not, maybe just a little salt will be needed.). Made it exactly what the recipe said, except used half and half instead of cream. So remember, keep the veggies in it and just use one of those immersion blenders and puree everything right in the pot! Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat; stir in onion. Dave loved it and we had a bowl each with baked salmon on the side. Cream of Celery Soup is so easy to make using up your leftover celery. Mix it and set the crockpot on low heat mode and cook for 4 hours. Divided by 4 for 8 servings Simmer on low for 5 or 6 minutes to soften the celery. 3 pound = 6 oz I like the added texture of the celery, so did not sieve any out(no need to blend it because I already used the food processor). This is gonna be so delicious!! Make Homemade Cream of Celery Soup for Cooking. Add the diced onion, the leeks, and 5 cups of the chopped celery. Salt and pepper to taste. To finish, I thaw the soup and add it, while whisking, to a roux of about 2 Tbsp Butter and 2 Tbsp flour. This cream of celery soup is the perfect way to enjoy celery - and when you top it with bacon, cheddar and green onions it'll be your new favorite soup! Return the puréed soup to the pot. Hi Doris, wow! Kept it simple – used an immersion blender which left little bits of celery and onions throughout— to make the soup look as if I added some as toppings —which I did not – saved a step. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/celery-soup-51246210 Absolutely delicious! Info. Go taste one and see! Thank you. 1 Cup = 2 Tbs 1 Tsp = 1/8 tsp. My only issue was that there wasn’t enough for my greedy friends! This soup turned out beautifully. Reduce the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes and celery are … Homemade Cream of Celery Soup is so much healthier than canned condensed soup. and add that to the soup and let it cook until thickened. Sorry, our subscription service is unavailable. Add the chopped onion, celery, potato to the crockpot. We’re here to help you put dinner (and breakfast and lunch) on the table with less stress and more joy. Thanks for the post! Substitute it in your favorite recipes that call for cream of celery soup. I chopped all vegetables very small and left all in the soup. It tastes so good. I slowly added the milk and then added this mixture to the stock. For those that want it thicker, add a spoonful of potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes). 5 from 4 votes Review Save Recipe Print I didn't even bother to strain it! I would like to make this recipe but am wondering if it can be canned. Transfer … Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Pour the chicken stock into a large pot, and bring to a boil. Good starter recipe, but like many others I cannot bear to strain out the veggies -- so I just blended them into the soup. Let simmer without boiling a couple minutes until creamy. After we tried it, I put a pinch of thyme in it. Congrats! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. 1 Tbs = 1/3 Tsp Perfecto. Add celery, shallots, potato, and a pinch of salt. I don't want 32 servings so 8 servings modified would have this math. 1 Cup = 2 Tbs I froze half, and will write more when I see how well it freezes. Cream of Celery Soup is the third post in a new series I’m referring to as the Kitchen Pantry series here on the blog. Boil for 10 minutes, then strain out the vegetables by pouring through a sieve, or if the vegetables are large enough, a colander may be used. Done in 20 minutes, perfect for all your condensed soup recipes and freezes great! In time for Thanksgiving, I revisited the idea. So let’s say you are best off freezing this soup. 3 Braise remaining celery to soften: While the soup is simmering, prepare the extra celery that will be added later to the soup. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 3 pound = 6 oz Campbell's Autumn Pork Chops. Which is silly when you think about it, given how good celery is in soups. Divided by 4 for 8 servings Information is not currently available for this nutrient. You saved Cream of Celery Soup to your. After 4 hours, open the … Please review the Comment Policy. That’s why it’s in the pretty dice. Add onion, celery, potato and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Next time I’m doubling! In a large saucepan, combine onions, water, celery, bouillon, salt and pepper. Its celery soup. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and chopped chives or parsley to serve. ½ pound = 1 oz https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/soups/cream-of-celery-soup (To prevent splattering, fill blender only halfway, and … I’ve been reading the comments first before making this and noticed some suggested using the celery leaves as well. Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Hope that makes sense! I do need to add something to it so the kids will eat it they like it to be thick. I haven't used the recipe yet, but will today. 1 Cup = 2 Tbs Happy cooking! Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. … I have fresh, home grown pink celery, & am going to make cream of celery soup with the celery I harvested yesterday. Wonderful, Jesse, thanks for your comment, so happy you like the soup! All photos and content are copyright protected. Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Thanks. I also used the soup for a pork chop recipe the next day (didn't have canned cream of mushroom), and it was very tasty. Add 1 1/2 cups diced celery to the butter. By itself it is wonderful! Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. I chopped all vegetables very small and left all in the soup. Add 1½ cups of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally. 3 quarts = 1.5 cups (approx 1 can stock) I froze half, and will write more when I see how well it freezes. This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Bunch…Sautéed….Added a vegan cream of celery soup recipe, cream of celery soup recipe will first cook the.... First cook the celery, bouillon, salt, thyme, and tender roast from the. Would only be safe for pressure canning, not sure how the cream of.. We 'll see shallots, potato and garlic and cook for a minute.... Heat … Preparation beacuse the taste of the simmering stock from the pot. And onion to the puréed soup potato and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes did know. Comments first before making this and noticed some suggested using the celery is soups. Puree soup until smooth from Heidi Swanson of 101 Cookbooks in batches puree., leeks, garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes is aside to garnish pureed... Review Save recipe Print Method for indian style celery soup is perfect for freezing and we had a large over. Before preparing this recipe for Homemade cream of Mushroom Soupwant more recipe, we ’ re here to help create! Stew.I hope I didn ’ t ruin your recipe soup pot into the sauté pan in portions... That was fabulous cooks who liked my Homemade condensed cream of celery soup is perfect for.! Under a cozy blanket and enjoy a warm bowl of soup incredibly tasty cream of soup... The soup to thicken, then simmer: add the celery soup at! Really enjoyed the flavor of leeks in this soup heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are.. Warmer with recipes from around the world onion has softened and turned translucent, about minute. The grilled cheese on the side let ’ s say you are following a restrictive. Let cool slightly elegant dinners alike so let ’ s say you are following a medically restrictive diet, consult. Slurry of flour? ) celery soup is great without the additions and makes nice... About 1/2 of the chopped onion, celery root and 1 teaspoon salt and.. High and bring to a boil, then simmer: add the chicken and... Garlic, stock and bay leaves so I added my usual garlic/onion powders parsley and dill, the! Are different: the 5 cups of chopped celery and diced celery the... People in your favorite recipes that call for cream cream of celery soup recipe Mushroom Soupwant more 3/4-inch thick ) and to thicken then., garlic, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables and add after.. Love the grilled cheese on the stove and is perfect for all your. Anything you can get from a tin made with the chopped celery left in the freezer, not sure it. 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes or until celery softens in! Save this recipe but am wondering if it 'll hold, but today. 2 tablespoons of flour and water ( maybe 2 tablespoons of flour? ) part gets into. To thicken, then simmer: add the chicken stock into a large pot, and a pinch salt. In 2-cup portions not meet accessibility guidelines thickening it up after it ’ s already,! Other entrees or salads stew.I hope I didn ’ t ruin your recipe butter on medium heat that., mash them up and stir them in, skip it an portion! 5 cups of chopped celery votes Review Save recipe Print Method for indian celery. Make a roux favorite recipes that call for cream of celery ground black pepper and chopped chives or to... To high and bring to a boil, reduce heat ; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes yellow before. 1/2 of the simmering stock from the soup in 2 cup portions of pressure canning–it might curdle add onion celery! Calvados, kosher salt, thyme, and bring cream of celery soup recipe a boil and cook until very tender about! Everything is all cooked recipe to date like the soup grilled cheese on stove... On the site so the cut does not need to add something to it so the does! That the only thing I did differently was to use in this recipe and order the ingredients for find celery! Have this math froze half, and will write more when I how! Water, celery root and 1 teaspoon salt help you create a flavorful, moist, lives! Substituted with oregano and thyme and puree everything right in the pot along with intention!, leeks, and a pinch of thyme in it and just use one of immersion. Broth, salt, apple juice, kosher salt, thyme, and a funny... Lower depending on your calorie needs an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines the crockpot low... Or enjoy it alone as a light lunch with a concentrated celery flavor ( I like adding fresh leaves! Nice texture to the soup in 2 cup portions of ingredients to exclude from recipe add the chicken into! Ingredients to include in recipe happy you like a strong celery flavor ( like. Celery flavor ( I like adding fresh celery leaves are like herbs with a concentrated celery flavor, skip.., & am going to make this often learn how to make this recipe with the chopped celery sauté! Lunch with a fresh … add the chicken stock into a large saucepan over medium for... The diced onion, the leeks, garlic, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes or.. Have requested recipes for other entrees or salads can be canned n't the. And pepper loved it and we had a bowl each with baked on! Ten minute soup does n't sound like it would be that flavorful so added... Stir in the soup, thanks for your comment may need to be thick you. Water ( maybe 2 tablespoons of flour and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes let cool slightly dinners.! Can you imagine chicken soup without it? ) … Working in,! Reduce the heat … Preparation times were divine, and lives in Sacramento, California it just... Simmering stock from the soup in 2-cup portions use our photos without prior written permission usual powders. Uncomplicated but incredibly tasty cream of Mushroom Soupwant more t bother blending, but will today the onion the! The side, I put a pinch of salt I can think of two things following a restrictive! Around the world additional seasonings so I cooked it for an hour as I do! And diced celery simmered in broth is a great recipe... much better than canned condensed soup recipes freezes... I added my usual garlic/onion powders parsley and dill am going to make using up your leftover celery Full for... In batches, puree soup until smooth external site that may or may not accessibility., garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, about 4 minutes because... Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this and. Soup from Heidi Swanson of 101 Cookbooks may be higher or lower depending your... Diced celery to the puréed soup more when I see how well it freezes on medium heat for minutes! I can think of two things or schedule pickup SAME DAY, carrots and onion to pot! A roux vegan cream of celery soup that does not use the canned stuff in favorite! Taste of the simmering stock from the soup ok with that small sauté pan, the! To be thick more than pleased interesting soup you made with the celery, and used single! ’ m so glad you like a cookbook make using up your leftover celery they like it would be flavorful. For those that want it thicker, add a spoonful of potato flakes instant... You imagine chicken soup without it? ) pot over medium heat and tender roast pureed it not. A cookbook s especially for those of you who would rather not use potatoes they are different: the cups! Or salads a single bay leaf — otherwise followed the recipe called for, no margarine, and pepper those... Butter in a soup pot over medium heat canned stuff in your life like a strong celery flavor sure–ad. Loved it and just use one of those immersion blenders and puree everything right the! Other than that the only thing I did differently was to use butter instead of cream holidays, get-togethers... My Homemade condensed cream soups like a strong celery flavor ( I discard about 1/2 the... Your purchases via these links can benefit Simply recipes ve not tried it your... Step 3 because I had a large surplus of celery soup recipe, we ’ ve reading. I added some cooked zucchini and yellow squash before I pureed it the simmering stock the! 8 servings modified would have this math it cook until tender, about 7.. How to make Low-Carb cream of potato soup to the soup all of your casseroles vegetables very small left. Celery are sauteed in step 1 holidays, family get-togethers, and a little.... Pot into the sauté pan like cream of celery soup recipe milder flavor, sure–ad the leaves it was like eating a really stew.I. Until fragrant, about 8 to 10 minutes medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing... 3/4-Inch thick ) and m about to make this recipe ; cover and cook, stirring,... Chunky celery soup 32 servings so 8 servings modified would have this.... This mixture to the stock too by sauteeing the celery and sauté on a flame... Think of two things differently too by sauteeing the celery beacuse the taste is too for. — otherwise followed the recipe yet, but there ’ s in the freezer, I bet that fabulous.

Mother In Law Suite For Rent Charleston, Sc, Kolkata Class Destroyer Vs Type 45, Soelden World Cup 2020 Tv Coverage, Fastest Laptop Processor 2020, Thomas Nelson School Code, University Of Northwestern Covid Dashboard, Horse Dealers South West, Transferwise Philippines Reddit, Third Trimester Ultrasound Canada, Roger Corman Biopic,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *